Saturday 12 January 2013

Finally an appointment to see the oncologist!

So I finally, after some chasing, have an appointment to see my oncologist to discuss treatment. 23rd Jan is the decision day and hopefully I can start to move forward again. It seems like I’ve been left in Limbo since the surgeon signed me off. The pain is now manageable, meaning that I only really take painkillers at bedtime. I’m still not sleeping though and my sleep pattern is well and truly fudged. I’m pacing at 4am and then dozing off at 7pm. I’ve tried staying away until normal bedtime to get myself back on track but I can’t help it; one minute I’m watching Big Bang Theory, the next; I’m staring blearily at Big Brother. Ah well.


I had a lovely day today though. I booked myself into the chiropodist that I’ve been using for the last few years. It’s called Footworks and you can read more about them here I know it seems to be odd to going to a chiropodist so young but my feet really do take a beating, seeing as I don’t drive.  I love the babysoft feeling when I come out and my nails are all trimmed neatly with no bits starting to grow in.

Before that though, I had a wonderful few hours browsing through the Bullring. Believe it or not, all I came home with was this: 
2 packs of Muji cotton pads, a pair of Muji Tweezers and a HUGE sample of Tom Ford Noir de Noir. I also have stacks of little sprayed on cards but they’re scattered through my undie drawers now. I’m actually sticking quite well to this no spend malarkey. I hadn’t seen the Tom Ford counter at Selfridge's before and it is amazing. It is so expensive and chic but the SA there was really friendly. The perfumes are out of my price range at the moment (being as I can’t do overtime)with prices starting at £135 for 50ml up to  £300 for 250ml. You can see them here.
These are my 2 favourites 

 


The sample is in the picture above. It’s about 5-10mls; so probably £20 worth!!! And it is so yummy; it’s like being enveloped in a rose tinted hug of milk chocolatey goodness and it really lingers for an absolute age.
 I also tried the Jo Malone Velvet Rose and Oud Intense,  which is £95 for 100ml, but the SA was a bit pushy so I wandered of pretty sharpish. 
Again this is rose scent (d’uh) but this also has a vague nutty feel to it with some spice wandering around. I have no idea what oud wood is though – One for the books? 


I did my nails again the other night, using a win from a Revlon Twitter Xmas competition. 

This is Mischievous and I did a little nail art, zebra thing using a MUA eyeliner and then topping off with Seche Vite. Really easy to do; just a little press and flick of the eyeliner wand.

Face of the Day; My shopping face ;) It's a bit scowly, sorry.The shadows are really bad under my eyes. I do have some Boing(3) on its way (sorry 'no-spend' but it's a real necessity now)
Products used:
Murad Skin Perfecting Primer for Acne and Shine control (sample)
Benefit Porefessional (sample)
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Ivory Beige
Estee Lauder Concealer in light medium
Vapour Multi Use Blush in Impulse (sample) from Naturissimo  
Boots 17 Miracle Matte powder
Estee Lauder Eye Shadow Compact with 5 shades of Pure Colour EyeShadow (in Sugar Cube, Sepia Sand, Silver Bell, Lavish Mink and Amazing Grey.)
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara in Extreme Black
Model Co Eyeliner in Black
Lipstick Queen in Cha Cha Cha
So that's about it for this week, Hopefully I'll have more updates, nails and products next week

See you soon
Elise XXX



2 comments:

  1. I really must check out the Tom Ford counter next time I am in Selfriges, his perfumes sound amazing. Glad to hear you have your appointment at last. you will know where you stand and what path you will be taking after talking to him hopefully xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Estee Lauder Double Wear too. And a Tom Ford perfume is on my wishlist...if only not as expensive!!

    I have an international giveaway on my blog, hope you will enter..
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete