Friday 4 January 2013

Liebster Award



Thank you to Sam from Polished Art  for nominating me for a Liebster Award!


First off the rules:



  • Post 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
  • Ask 11 questions
  • Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
  • No tag backs

So 11 facts about myself:

  1.      I’m not 50 yet 
  2.   I just got married in October 2012  
  3.   I have 2 boys and my OH has 2 boys and 2 girls, so that’s 6 between us!!
  4.   I need to lose about 2.5 stone!  
  5.   I’m a teacher of Event Management at a FE college and also a Personal Learning Advisor (like a tutor/mentor) to about 180 students
  6.   I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last November   
  7.  I had a mastectomy in December
  8.   I love home-made guacamole
    9.    I’m a shopaholic, but currently on a spending ban
    10. I love shoes, bags, make-up and nail stuff.
    11. My favourite TV show is The Big Bang Theory


Here are Sam’s questions:

1.Why did you start your blog?
I felt that I needed a hobby and I started to read more and more blogs and it seemed like a fun thing to do.

2. How did you get in to nail art?
I started doing my nails just before I started my blog and I was reading more and more interesting things to do with them, then I started playing with them and it just became a habit to do them on a Sunday night.

3. What's your go to manicure when you're feeling uninspired?
Plain red, hopefully the blank canvas will inspire me to stamp them or draw on them.

4. What polish are you lusting after at the moment?
Currently all of them as I’m on a ban :’(

5. What is your favourite brand of nail polish?
I love OPI and China Glaze and some of the Ninja Polishes

6. Are you a fan of indie polishes, and why or why not?
I’m not really into Indie polishes, I’m kind of vanilla?

7. What's your favourite thing about the festive season?
Time off to do pretty things with my nails, go shopping, and the sales!

8. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
I want to do a cruise so I can see loads of places in one holiday such as go around the Med.

9. What other hobbies do you have?
I read for England. I have a new Kindle Fire HD and am currently reading 1 book a day!

10. Do you have any strange fears?
I hate crowds when I’m shopping. I know most people do, but I get this weird panic attack thing going on and I start blinking really fast and I HAVE to get out and into an open space! I also hate going down escalators; that first step freaks me out!

12. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
Oh dear, I hate these sort of questions!! Ummm…..Probably a cat, because they’re the most independent ones and just bugger off if they don’t like you and adopt someone else to own.

I’m not being imaginative at all tonight so I’m going to nick and adapt the questions that Sam answered and pose them to you;
  

  1. Where did you grow up and was it a nice area?   
  2. What are the best and worst parts about where you grew up?  
  3. Where do you live now and it is a good, bad or indifferent place to live, and why? 
  4. Why do you blog and how did you start?  
  5. What is your all-time favourite blog and why?  
  6. If you had to move and live in another country, where would you love to go?  
  7. Why are you interested in blogging about beauty/nails/insert your subject here?  
  8. Do you have a party trick and if so, what is it?  
  9. What is your proudest achievement to date? 
  10. What is your biggest and most humorous fail?  
  11. Do you have a favourite TV program, and what is it?





Blogs I’m nominating are
·         Beauty and the Boxes
·         Sweet Elyse
·         Boxed, Bagged and Bidded
·         Kazzii 
·         Itzybitzy's Beauty Musings
·        Beauty Box Swaps
·         Penny for Them
·         Beauty by Theresa
·         nuthin' but a nailthing.
·         caz n polish
·          

4 comments:

  1. Aww you are so sweet thank you Elise for nominating me. Hugs Elyse xx

    http://sweetelysecreates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you too for the nomination Elyse! xx

    http://pennyforthem1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for the nomination Elise, I have started my blog post & will try and finish it tomorrow xx

    http://beautyboxswaps.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will start this tomorrow, got so many drafts atm to finish xx

    ReplyDelete